Lectrosonics DCHR Overview
The Lectrosonics DCHR is a miniature, digital camera hop wireless receiver engineered to work alongside the company’s DCHT transmitter. Together they form the Digital Camera Hop System, offering professional-quality stereo audio with encryption for applications where reliability is critical. The receiver is also compatible with the M2T unencrypted and M2T-X encrypted digital stereo transmitters as well as the D-Square Series mono digital transmitters, including the DBu, DHu, and DPR.
Designed to be camera mountable and battery powered, the DCHR is ideal for production sound, sports video, reality TV, and anywhere a wireless stereo camera hop or compact digital receiver is needed—especially when using a small camera.
The DCHR tunes across a wide 144 MHz bandwidth with a 470 to 614 MHz frequency range. It employs advanced antenna diversity switching during digital packet headers for seamless audio without dropouts and extended operating range. AES 256-CTR encryption with four key types provide a secure signal transmission.
The Receiver is equipped with a single TA5M audio output jack that can be configured as two independent, balanced mic-/line-level outputs or as a single two-channel AES3 digital output. A variety of output cables are available separately, each to accommodate your camera’s type of inputs.
A user-friendly interface and high-resolution LCD and membrane switches provide users with a quick read on the status of the system. Setup is fast and easy with RF scanning and two-way IR sync that sends settings from the receiver to the transmitter. This way, frequency planning and coordination can be done quickly and confidently with on-site RF information.
The headphone monitor output is fed from a high-quality stereo amplifier. It delivers enough power to drive even inefficient headphones or earphones to sufficient levels for use in noisy environments.
The DCHR operates up to 8 hours on two AA batteries. The LRSHOE kit (available separately) allows you to use the included wire belt clip to mount the receiver to a camera’s cold shoe.
- Tunes across 144 MHz from 470 to 614 MHz (covers A1 and B1 ranges)
- Compatible with DCHT, M2T, M2T-X, and D-Square Series transmitters (DBu, DHu, DPR)
- Selectable AES3 or balanced analog mic-/line-level outputs on a single TA5M connector
- Fast RF scanning and setup via 2-way IR
- Headphone monitor output
- AES 256-CTR encryption for robust security, and four key management policy choices for different applications
- 8 hours of operation on two AA batteries
- May be powered via an external DC power supply using the Lectrosonics LTBATELIM adapter (available separately), which replaces the battery door and provides a locking coaxial connector
- USB port for firmware updates
Miniature Design for Compact Cameras
- The rugged housing and panels are made of solid machined aluminum with ebENi finishes (black electroless nickel plating) and laser-etched marking for durability, yet they are lightweight and sleek in order to occupy minimal space on a camera.
RF Front-End with Tracking Filter
- To alleviate RF interference, the DCHR uses selective frequency-tracking filters in the front-end section (the first circuit stage following the antenna) to suppress RF energy below and above the operating frequency. As the operating frequency is changed, the filters re-tune into six different “zones” depending on the selected carrier frequency. A tuned filter is followed by an amplifier and then another filter to provide the selectivity needed to suppress interference, yet provide a wide tuning range and retain the sensitivity needed for extended operating range.
Smart Tuning (SmartTune)
- A major problem facing wireless users is finding clear operating frequencies, especially in RF saturated environments. SmartTune solves this problem by automatically scanning all the frequencies available in the unit, and tuning to the frequency with the lowest RF interference, significantly reducing setup time.