Panasonic AG-UX90 Overview
For a wide range of high-resolution and professional options when mobile or in the studio, use the Panasonic AG-UX90 UHD 4K Camcorder for recording up to UHD 3840 x 2160 video and 8-mode gamma. The AG-UX90 features a large, 1.0-type MOS sensor that creates a dramatic bokeh with its wide-angle lens, and its focal length with 15x optical zoom ranges from 25.4 to 367.5mm. The camera’s 5-axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer provides anti-shake correction for smooth movement, and the 3-ring lens design allows for precision iris/focus/zoom manual control. The shutter system functions in three modes—System, Slow, and Syncro Scan—which allow for shutter speeds from 1/60 to 1/8000 per second. The three-step variable gain switch allows for greater control over brightness and shutter.
Recording functions include UHD 4K/FHD/HD/SD resolutions, MOV, MP4, and AVCHD formats with MPEG-4 and H.264 compression, frame rates up to 60 fps, Pre Rec pre-recording function, interval recording for time-lapse, freeze frame, timestamp and timecode, JPEG still recording up to 8.3MP 3840 x 2160 resolution, and 16-bit/48 kHz LPCM or Dolby stereo audio. Two SD slots record onto SDHC/SDXC media, and UHS-I format is supported. Rollover recording is also supported, which allows recording to continue by automatically switching to the second slot when the first card is full. Recording to external media is also supported via a USB 3.0 output. The camera supports dual-XLR input, HDMI/composite video/audio output, and 3.5mm stereo headphone output.
The camera’s auto-assist operations feature a variety of tasks such as high-speed 4K autofocus, automatic white balance, one-touch AF, manual focus assist, and focus preset transition, as well as peaking, auto iris, and brightness display functions. Image adjustment presets include 16-axis color correction, skin and master detail, and six preset scene files with slots for custom scenes. Use the 3.5-type HD display or the .24-type OLED viewfinder to preview your video and view your settings.
The AG-UX90 also supports infrared shooting with a separately available IR light, and it supports wireless transmission with a separately available wireless module. Accessory mounting options include a cold shoe mount on top. A 5900mAh AG-VBR59 battery, a battery charger, a microphone holder, an AC adapter, an eyecup, a lens hood with lens cover, and an INPUT terminal cap are included.
- 1.0-type MOS sensor for dramatic bokeh effects and UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) resolution
- Eight selectable gamma modes, including Cine-Like gamma
- Variable frame rate HD recording up to 60 fps
- Includes a built-in 25.4 to 367.5mm lens with 15x optical zoom and intelligent full-auto functions
- High-quality 4K 8-bit, 4:2:0 images can be output via the HDMI terminal
- Microdrive focus unit provides a high-speed, high-precision intelligent autofocus
- Advanced Optical Image Stabilizer expands correction area with ball OIS system
- The 5-axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer effects handshake correction in various directions (does not work in UHD 4K mode)
- Dual Codec Recording allows images to be simultaneously recorded into two different formats, main UHD/FHD and Sub FHD (UHD 60/50p mode is not supported).
- Two SDHC/SDXC memory card slots boost recording reliability with Background/Relay/Simultaneous recording or SD memory card copy
- The three manual focus/iris/zoom rings and other controls are specially designed to satisfy professional users
- Equipped with professional interfaces such as HDMI out, composite out, XLR in, and TC preset in/out
- Optional wireless remote control from an iPad with iOS 7.1, iOS 8.1, or iOS 9. The optional AJ-WM30/WM50 Wireless Module is required for wireless connection